Have you ever felt you just can’t break into a new career or you have excelled so well at your job that you feel you have sabatoged your chances of advancement? Maybe your current employer will not allow you a chance to spread your wings because they are subconsciously afraid they will not be able to find anyone who can do your job? Maybe you are simply not Excited about what you do anymore but you still feel you need the stability of your paycheck and insurance.
When this happens it is time to reevaluate, adjust and consider what makes you happy. Think about what motivates you. We call that your “why” and the time to take your Leap of Faith
There is no magic age to change career paths but there is that moment when you need to be open to opportunity.Don’t Miss The Opportunity!!!! When you stop prejudging things like network marketing and become open to group events inviting you to learn more about earning an extra pay check… you simply become open to a change in direction you will be amazed what doors become available to you.
You begin to brainstorm and your creative juices begin to flow again and the world is open to possabilites! And it is fun!
Tips to finding your new career path:
- Ask your friends what they think your best qualities are and tell them you want to branch out in your career or start your own business. You will be surprised what doors will open.
- Ask your friends and family for support. Share your ideas with them.
- Accept all invitations to events. You never know what door will open or who you will meet.
- Believe in yourself. What is the worst thing that happens? You tried and fell and you can get right back up and try again. Inspire others by your courage!
- Decide if you want to work alone or with a team. This will help you craft your business plan. Team or no team
- Think about low risk ready to start businesses versus starting from scratch with a line of credit or investors . Decide what is best for you! Check out Clapointe.myrandf.com
- If you are my age you might feel you need some help learning about social media platforms -there are many free programs at libraries and on line. If you Google social media you will learn a ton from blogs like mine. Check out things like “Think with Google” to learn about consumers and the internet.
I meet people every day who are barley making if from paycheck to paycheck. They are doing the best they can but somehow life has thrown them some curveball. They are not alone. We all have a Story .Take a look at Brittish Novelist J.K. Rowling.
She was pretty beaten down with the death of her mother, a short lived marriage, living in a tiny flat in Edinburgh with her daughter, living on a welfare check.
Struggling to raise her daughter she continued to work on her book. If at first you don’t succeed try again. Her first book was said to be rejected by three publishers but she finally did get it published. Wow! Persistence and Leap of Faith.
Today J.K. Rowling is among one of the highest earning women in Brittain. Her success lies largely on her belief in herself, a desire to be successful and having persevered.
Nothing is free in life…well very little. And if you are waiting to win the lotto…those odds are not great! How many times do people tell me- I don’t have time to start something new-I don’t have the money to start something different- I am underwater and I just need to get through this and then I will think about it.
The time is now, not later. Don’t waste your time dreaming about what you want. Grab that brass ring and start your path to achieving your dream. It is OK to fail. Not everyone gets a homerun the first try. The key is to learn from your mistakes and put your big girl or big boy pants on and start walking again!
The thought of creating a website, updating a LinkedIn and Facebook profile, starting a newsletter, sending out emails and instant messages-these tasks can be daunting for new business owners. Most people who want to start a new business become paralyzed by the sheer thought of these tasks. For many, getting the word out and landing their first customer seems to be so far into the future, they give up before even starting. DON’T GIVE UP!
No one said it would be easy, but here are some tips on getting yourself moving.
- Reach out to the people that know you best, first. Trust me, they want to help you. And they will admire your courage for taking that leap of faith and making your dream job come true.
- Look for a team of people who reap success from your success. My team at Rodan + Fields is just one example. We support each other, but we actually are more successful when our team is successful so we all work together. The same goes for my team of consultants at Aesthetics360.
- Go to the people who would ‘buy dirt from you’ first and ask for the business.
- Get testimonials from as many people as you can.
- Get your website up as soon as possible-this is your 24/7 global brochure.
- Don’t under sell your services-it is easy to reduce fees but hard to increase. Set a proper value for your time and the project.
- Go to any events you are invited to-even if you do not want to go-you never know who you will meet! opportunities!
- Walk the walk and talk the talk-look successful! read our blog on first impressions matter.
Perception is reality. If your vision is to be a successful business owner and respected for your knowledge and worth, then you need to “walk the walk and talk the talk.” Show the value.
This picture is a recent photo while being a panelist for a Google workshop in Los Angeles at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons.
Take advantage of being in front of , not only your potential customers, but your colleagues and even your competitors. Healthy competition is great and putting yourself in the hot seat shows you can handle pressure, respond on the spot and conduct yourself professionally.
Look for opportunities, paid and charitable, to get yourself out there in front of people. It is great practice and you never know where the engagement may lead.
Network with other speakers and ask them how they secured their spot. Most people will be helpful. You may have to do some pro bono events but eventually you will be able to charge for your services. What a fantastic way to add revenue and gain exposure!
And remember to read our blog about first impressions.
- Dress appropriately.
- Consider your audience and be culturally and industry appropriate.
- Be prepared. Practice your speech or come up with possible Q&A.
- Plant a few prepared questions in the audience to encourage good dialogue.
- Thank your audience and host for having you at the event.
- For more event information visit anaesthetics360.com or email Christine at Christine@aesthetics360.com or Lap2913@gmail.com
Do first impression matter? Can they make the difference between success and failure? Yes to both questions. Why is that? Well some studies state that the reasoning for this comes from the subliminal judgement part of the brain. It’s not fair but it is clearly how things work. Everything from how you are dressed, how you smile, carry yourself, or shake a hand will create an impression which could make or break an interview, a proposal, a speech, a date, and so on. This goes for both men and women.
Today you cannot turn around without seeing a tattoo or body piercing. I am all about expression. I was a music major. Goodness knows I had multicolored hair even when it was not in style! But my suggestion to you is to get those tattoos somewhere you can cover them unless you work in an environment where this is accepted. For my work, it is not looked upon fondly to have a tattoo sleeve or a pierced eyebrow. So I say, think about who you are going to meet, who you want to be and what you are trying to achieve. Then dress appropriately. Rule of thumb- If you look in the mirror and you are not sure about what you are wearing-change.
Check out this article that speaks to how women specifically dress, can affect their advancement in positions. If you think looks don’t matter, listen to Dermatologist Debra Jaliman, a board-certified dermatologist and author of Skin Rules: Trade Secrets from a Top York Dermatologist.
Consequently, first impressions can occur on social media. It’s not just one person telling someone else about you now when you are looking to work for yourself, it is about many people talking on line to millions of people you do not know. And this cannot be controlled with the exception of you being careful about what you post.
Think about your first impressions and consider how you can improve or help someone else improve! Have a great day!
Do you ever run around with a purpose and totally forget the people around you?Like, trying NOT to make eye contact because you are too busy? We all do. Cmon…I know you do. So STOP! Slow down. Read my blog today.
I almost missed a great business opportunity today!But I didnt…..
Today I was walking in the mall rather quickly as I had an appointment and I had limited time to shop for what I needed. This young woman in the kiosk says to her co-worker “There is your next customer” as she points and smiles at me. They were selling some type of hair styling Tool. My immediate gut reaction “no I am in a hurry and I don’t want you to mess with me hair!” Anyone that know me knows my hair is super important! And I am a hair Product freak and has if just prefect. And then I stopped and said to myself ” let her give me her pitch, what do I have to lose? Seriously it is just my haird for Pete sake. How vane are you Christine?” Well it was the best ten minutes I spent today! Not only am I going to buy the hair product I immediately realized there was an opportunity right in front of me to talk about my business and see if it would be a great fit for her. And how could it not…this girl was not taking no for an answer in a nice way! So I pulled out my card and I said “You are amazing and you need to learn about my business because you would be fantastic.” She said ” Can I do this from Florida?” And I said ” You can do if from anywhere. I am doing it right now!” Long story short this girl is moving right near my Florida home and I have a lot of connections for her personally and professionally. I just put my house up for sale and her Aunt just got her realtor license. This girl says shs is tired of making money for other people…right up my alley..be the ceo of you… and she had been crying all night just not happy with her career and life path …it was kismet! I said “cry no more. I haveEye brightening cream for you to use and a new business to join. Send me your resume and I will help you network for a job and you can still start your own business at the same time.” The excitement in her eyes made my day. Regardless of she joins my business, made someone smile, I listened to their pitch and learned some selling techniques, I made a friend and she may have other friends interested in my business! And that is how if works in all of ten minutes! Don’t Miss The opportunities that are right in front of you!