Day: October 23, 2017
Support Systems-Use Your Existing Network
The thought of creating a website, updating a LinkedIn and Facebook profile, starting a newsletter, sending out emails and instant messages-these tasks can be daunting for new business owners. Most people who want to start a new business become paralyzed by the sheer thought of these tasks. For many, getting the word out and landing their first customer seems to be so far into the future, they give up before even starting. DON’T GIVE UP!
No one said it would be easy, but here are some tips on getting yourself moving.
- Reach out to the people that know you best, first. Trust me, they want to help you. And they will admire your courage for taking that leap of faith and making your dream job come true.
- Look for a team of people who reap success from your success. My team at Rodan + Fields is just one example. We support each other, but we actually are more successful when our team is successful so we all work together. The same goes for my team of consultants at Aesthetics360.
- Go to the people who would ‘buy dirt from you’ first and ask for the business.
- Get testimonials from as many people as you can.
- Get your website up as soon as possible-this is your 24/7 global brochure.
- Don’t under sell your services-it is easy to reduce fees but hard to increase. Set a proper value for your time and the project.
- Go to any events you are invited to-even if you do not want to go-you never know who you will meet! opportunities!
- Walk the walk and talk the talk-look successful! read our blog on first impressions matter.